The months of July till September are months filled safaris. Since we provide tailor-made trips, everyone has their own program and itinerary. Through the experience of previous travelers, I keep continuing finding it easier and more fun to jump in the needs of our customers.
A few examples of our groups these months:
1. A young Dutch couple will do a safari of ten days in tents on campings .They go to Arusha National Park, Manyara National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti and Tarangire national park. They will also do a cultural tour in Mto wa Mbu, including a visit to the Masai, and they go to lake Natron to view the beautiful volcanic landscape there. A cook is with them every day to prepare their meals. After their safari they go by bus and boat to Zanzibar for a week to rest on the beach of Jambiani Beach at Casa del Mar.
2. Two middle-aged ladies from the U.S. will do a six days safari and stay in lodges. They are visiting family in Dar es Salaam and fly to Kilimanjaro for their safari. They go to Tarangire National Park first for two days and will stay there in Maramboi Tented Camp. In addition, they go to Serengeti national park where they are staying in Serengeti Kati Kati Tented Camp and then to the Ngorongoro Crater where they will stay at Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge.
3. Two ladies from Belgium and the Netherlands will go safari for seven days after first having week or so in Kenya with our partner there, See Africa Expeditions. They go with a more luxurious big canvas tent with stretchers. We will pick them up at the border and they go to Lake Manyara National Park, Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater. They will also end their holidays on Jambiani Beach in Zanzibar after they have flown there. They will stay there in Mbuyuni Beach Village.
4. Two young students from Germany will go for two days on safari in Lake Manyara National Park and Ngorongoro Crater and will stay at Fanaka Lodge in Mto wa Mbu. They will be in Tanzania for volunteer / internship and have a limited budget, but still would like to go on safari.
5. A family from the Netherlands with two children aged ten years and younger will go on a four days safari, firstly to Lake Eyasi to see the Datoga and Hadzabe tribes. Then they will drive to Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater. They will also go camping. They have arranged the rest of their journey in Tanzania themselves, but their beach holiday will be on the mainland in Tanga, probably in Peponi Beach Resort.
This was just a small sample of the safaris that we have this summer. It’s fun to work with different groups such as couples, families, young and old, to make an appropriate program for each. The combination of different parks gives the chance to see a large variety of wildlife. The variety of culture makes the trip even richer. In addition, a seal on the beautiful beaches of Zanzibar and the Swahili coast on the mainland is a must. I wish I could go on safari myself :-D.